Clinic is open for all treatment
All patients are now required to fill a COVID-19 Patient Consent Form when visiting.
All regularly scheduled appointments from June 8th forward are being held for you. If you would like to reschedule your missed appointment from an earlier date please call (403) 720-2788 at your earliest convenience. We will be contacting all missed appointments in the next few weeks to reschedule. Thank you so much for your support and we can’t wait to see your smiles!
Visiting the Clinic During COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed so many of our typical routines, and as a result your next dental appointment will look quite different. Our priority is to keep you and your families safe and healthy along with our staff and their families and are following the most current protocols put out by the dental colleges - ADA&C, ABRDA and CRDHA. To help you prepare for your upcoming dental appointment please review the information below and complete the necessary forms where indicated. We are doing everything we can to ease you into the new routine and ensure you feel comfortable visiting McKenzie Dental.
Preparing for your appointment
- Patients are to come alone to their appointments unless they need to be accompanied by a parent/guardian or support worker.
- On the day of your appointment we require you to complete a consent form. Below is the electronic version of the consent form that you can complete and submit from your device or computer.
Electronic - COVID-19 Patient Consent Form
Again, please complete this form the day of your appointment before you arrive – it will allow us to limit your time spent in the waiting room. If you require a guardian or support person, they must also complete the consent form. They must also complete and sign it the day of the appointment, no earlier.
- If you have your own mask please bring it along with you to save Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for essential workers (this includes parent/guardian and/or support worker).
- Upon arrival we ask that you stay in your vehicle, call us to let us know that you are here, and we will let you know when your operatory is ready.
- When entering the clinic, we ask that you wash your hands right away with soap and water then we will provide you with a mask if you do not have your own. Either before you wash your hands or while in the dental chair we will provide you with a cup of rinsing agent and ask you to rinse for 30 seconds to 1 minute, and then spit back into the cup and then pour carefully into the sink.
- One of our team members will take your temperature to confirm you do not have a fever
- If you were unable to complete the consent form in advance (see above), we will ask you to complete and sign it at this time
During your appointment
- Once seated in the dental chair our staff will carry out your procedure. Please note that your health care providers will look a little different as well. For procedures we will be wearing gowns, masks and plastic face shields but don't worry, our smiles are underneath it all!
After your appointment
- Your hands will need to be sanitized before leaving the operatory. You may then head to the front desk to complete any payment or exit forms that are required.
Thank you so much for your cooperation, and we look forward to taking care of your dental issues very soon!